splunk> Getting Started TODO List
- Download Splunk
- Go through Tutorials
- Play with your data
- Goal: See your data, probably for the first time.
- Add some of your own machine data into Splunk.
- Run the searches you've learned from the tutorials on your own data.
- Consider a broad set of your data and uses: IT,
Security, Compliance, Business Analytics, Social, etc., using
data from custom applications, app servers, web servers,
databases, routers, VMs, telecoms equipment, GPS systems,
stock market feeds, social media, etc.
- Ask questions!
- Goal: become an advanced Splunk user.
- You'll inevitably have questions. Start at docs.splunk.com.
- If you're unable to find the answer, head over
the community site. Search for answers, and ask qustions.
While you're there, you can download apps.
- Continue your education